- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TPW7o39F.dpuf Lishy Lishy: Lilly Lamp!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Lilly Lamp!

While at Goodwill shopping for a halloween costume, I came across a black wooden lamp in good condition.  I was immediately inspired and decided to make it my next creative project.  After sanding off the black paint (which produced a very messy, black, chalk-like substance all over my dorm room), I painted it white and started to decide what exactly I was going to paint.  I have done Lilly prints in the past, and I decided to keep with that trend. A few different ones came to mind, but wanted to do something unique, so I chose this blue print from the Lilly Kiki dress. 

I feel like it is not as well known as the others, and it was also looking to be the most challenging design, and I am always up for a challenge.  I took a lazy Sunday and turned it into a painting day, which turned out to be incredibly relaxing.  Can I just paint every day, please?! Here is the end result! I just need to add a clear coat...


Close-ups





2 comments: