- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TPW7o39F.dpuf Lishy Lishy: Paris

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Paris

The city of light did not disappoint   I loved the food, the pop-up shops, the sights, and the postcard views throughout the city.  I'll never forget when I saw the Eiffel Tower for the very first time.  It was just a small portion of the top, sparkling in the dark, yet I was instantly mesmerized.

 Our first night was spent at the Louvre Museum, where those twenty-six and younger get in for free on Friday nights.  I was in awe of the massive collection, the overall architecture, and the actual Mona Lisa.

Notre Dame cathedral was crowded, but still stunning.  I couldn't stop staring at the stained glass work and gothic ceilings. 

Seeing the Arc de Triomph at sunset was incredibly picturesque.  I also enjoyed the stroll down the Champs Elysee. 

The trip to the top of the Eiffel tour at night was well worth the Euros.  The views were amazing and the city was sparkling.  


On Sunday was headed to Versailles to explore the extravagant palace built by King Louis XIII.  The hall of mirrors was one of the most over-the-top spaces in the palace, and also hauntingly beautiful.  

Food wise, Macaroons, Crepes, and Baguettes became my three main food groups while there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment