- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TPW7o39F.dpuf Lishy Lishy: Venice

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Venice

          As I stepped out of the train station in Venice, I realized that the sinking city of canals was one of the most beautiful places that I had ever seen.  The city continued to surprise me throughout the weekend, and I ended up having a fabulous time.  Saturday's intense rain prompted us to explore indoor activities including a visit to the incredible Doge's Palace, but on Sunday, the sunshine allowed us to take the Valporetto water taxi to the islands of Murano and Burano.

A rainy Saturday without a gondolier in sight

Doge's Palace in San Marco Square

Canals are beautiful even in the rain
View from the Rialto bridge

The sunny glass-blowing island of Murano


The quaint and colorful lace-making island of Burano

Homemade meringue in Burano

No comments:

Post a Comment