- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.TPW7o39F.dpuf Lishy Lishy: Florence

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Florence

Florence was amazing.  I loved the old world charm, laid back lifestyle, and rows of leather stores.  I also really enjoyed exploring the whole city on foot.  Most importantly, however, the shops in Florence ended up having the most incredible gift items.

I've seen a lot of churches throughout my European adventures, but the Duomo in Florence was still able to surprise me.

During a tiring search for our apartment, we took refuge in a cafe in order to relax and to ask for directions.  The cappuccino was one of the best I've had, and the staff was so incredibly nice. I had not even ordered yet, and they had already answered my questions, and provided me with the wifi password.  They even called the phone number for us so that they could point us in the right direction.  We were so thankful, and returned every day after that for breakfast and snacks. 


The iconic Ponte Vecchio bridge exceeded my expectations.  Aside from providing beautiful scenery, my favorite leather shop, Mannelli, was located on the bridge. 

My favorite Mannelli purchase was this floral Florentine leather wallet. 


There's something so romantic about seeing an entire city at sunset. I just loved this view from Piazzale Michelangelo. 

No trip to Italy would be complete without a plate of pasta bolognese.  

No comments:

Post a Comment